Return to Website

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
118 Squadron

Hi,

I don't know if you can help me, although I appreciate my request is a bit off topic. My Dad was based at Fassberg in the early 50's and flew Vampires early in his career. We had an RAF shield on our study wall where the badge was a ship in full sail engulfed in flames. I've not asked him but looking on the internet, I'm pretty certain that it was the badge of 118 squadron, which appears to tally with his time on Vampires and at Fassberg. I got him a Lincoln pilot's notes book for Christmas (He went on to fly them at Lindholme & Hemswell) but I would really like to get him something with the 118 squadron badge on it (especially as I discovered today that he still has the original pilot's notes for the Lincoln from his time in the RAF!) Ideally, I'd like a plaque like the one that we used to have. I've found a place that sells blaser badges but he never wears blasers. FYI his name was Barry Stracey and as well as Lincolns he flew Harvards; Meteors; Varsities; Hastings' and Bristol Beaufighters. He wanted to fly Canberras but never got the chance.

If anyone could help, I'd be most grateful.

Sally Stracey