Return to Website

Horse Crazy Web Forum

Questions,queries and suggestions covering all aspects of horses and ponies. PLEASE NOTE: Please take extra care not to give out too many personal details. Any messages giving details of personal phone numbers will be deleted. This action is taken for your personal safety.

UNFORTUNATLY THIS FORUM IS TURNING AWAY FROM ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE. THE TOPIC IS HORSES & THAT IS WHY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE COME HERE, HOWEVER IT IS BEING OVER CROWDED BY NON-HORSE TOPICS. PLEASE KEEP IT HORSEY. NON HORSE MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED.

Horse Crazy Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: plz help my pony has an ear problem!

Just a suggestion to you. Either your pony is having you on and needs some firm persistance to break his 'habit" or he really does have a serious problem with bridling. Best thing to do is to consult an animal psychologist or someone who is qualified in natural horsemanship to help you with your problems. Look on the net for Monty Roberts, Parelli Natural Horsemanship or try the Roundpenmagic Forum to have your question answered. Take too long here to explain whats going on with your pony. Best of Luck.

Re: plz help my pony has an ear problem!

Maybe he had another owner before that would be mean to him or he hurt his ears before or something that makes him scared to have his ears touched. There is something called T-Touch where you massage the horse sort of. If you start at the bottom of his neck, he might calm down and let you go up near his ears. Go slowly though. Like one day only go up to the middle of his neck and so on. Also, TTeam is something I learned from a book I read. I have tried it on horses before and ot works pretty well. First you try to teach your horse to lower his head by pulling down on the halter and pressing down with your arm on his neck. Then you have to get him to bend his neck one way and another and do stuff with that. There are a lot of different TTouchs, some relieve pain, others help calm down the horse. You can use the tips of your fingers and make them move in little circle by themselves slowly. If you start at the withers and go up slowly, he might calm down enough to put his head down and you could see if you can do it to his ears. If he lets you, don't forget to give him a treat. If you put the halter on by unsnapped the side and slipping the top over his ears, this could also make him not like you touching his ears. Unbuckle the crownpeice and try that. Hopefully this helps. Maybe try the T-Touch before you put on the bridle. When you do get on the bridle, tell him to lower his head and do it. Make sure the bit fits too inc ase its not about the ears and he just hates the bridle.