Return to Website

Horse Crazy Web Forum

Questions,queries and suggestions covering all aspects of horses and ponies. PLEASE NOTE: Please take extra care not to give out too many personal details. Any messages giving details of personal phone numbers will be deleted. This action is taken for your personal safety.

UNFORTUNATLY THIS FORUM IS TURNING AWAY FROM ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE. THE TOPIC IS HORSES & THAT IS WHY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE COME HERE, HOWEVER IT IS BEING OVER CROWDED BY NON-HORSE TOPICS. PLEASE KEEP IT HORSEY. NON HORSE MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED.

Horse Crazy Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: neck rugs and saddles.

Well I'm from the USA so it probably is different. Is is to keep their mane flat on thier neck or is it for flys. Or is it to make thier neck sweat? That might help. But I know what your problem is I have it with mane tamers. I have not yet found a way to get them to stay on! There are kind that are made different that go around thier shoulders those work good. I hope this helps write again to tell me more!

Your friend,

Ciara

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks for te info about saddles. Ive actually never heard of the term mane tamers, i mean the rug that covers the horses neck (not the full face ones)where abouts do you live? im in Australia so maybe the termenologys different.

Replying to:

when you say neck rugs do you mean mane tamers? A "cair" system is a certain kind of padding in english saddles to make it more comfortable for your horse. I am pretty sure the "gullet" is part of the tree of the english saddle. hope this helps tell me about the neck thing I might get to help more.

Your friend,

Paige

Replying to:

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep neck rugs on properly. Even when i connect it to the headstall my horse manages to twist it around and nearly get it off. Also could someone tell me what "cair" and "gullet" means(refering to saddles). Thanks alot.

Re: Re: Re: Re: neck rugs and saddles.

Ummm the gullet. if u were 2 put a saddle on a flat peice of wood, there would be 1 part, in the very middle, where u could see through to the open space on the other side. It's where u put ur arm when carrying a saddle 2

Replying to:

Well I'm from the USA so it probably is different. Is is to keep their mane flat on thier neck or is it for flys. Or is it to make thier neck sweat? That might help. But I know what your problem is I have it with mane tamers. I have not yet found a way to get them to stay on! There are kind that are made different that go around thier shoulders those work good. I hope this helps write again to tell me more!

Your friend,

Ciara

Replying to:

Thanks for te info about saddles. Ive actually never heard of the term mane tamers, i mean the rug that covers the horses neck (not the full face ones)where abouts do you live? im in Australia so maybe the termenologys different.

Replying to:

when you say neck rugs do you mean mane tamers? A "cair" system is a certain kind of padding in english saddles to make it more comfortable for your horse. I am pretty sure the "gullet" is part of the tree of the english saddle. hope this helps tell me about the neck thing I might get to help more.

Your friend,

Paige

Replying to:

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep neck rugs on properly. Even when i connect it to the headstall my horse manages to twist it around and nearly get it off. Also could someone tell me what "cair" and "gullet" means(refering to saddles). Thanks alot.