Return to Website

Horse Crazy Web Forum

Questions,queries and suggestions covering all aspects of horses and ponies. PLEASE NOTE: Please take extra care not to give out too many personal details. Any messages giving details of personal phone numbers will be deleted. This action is taken for your personal safety.

UNFORTUNATLY THIS FORUM IS TURNING AWAY FROM ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE. THE TOPIC IS HORSES & THAT IS WHY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE COME HERE, HOWEVER IT IS BEING OVER CROWDED BY NON-HORSE TOPICS. PLEASE KEEP IT HORSEY. NON HORSE MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED.

Horse Crazy Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my colt

Hey,
it would help you alot more if we new more about the situation, how old is the colt now? and is he yours for definate? i don't recomend taking him from his mum if he is still feeding from her, but if he is a yearling then you can take him.
Is there any way you could take the mum with them?
if the mum has a different owner then you could try talking to them and explaining the situation.
Also what do you mean by not the safest and not the healthiest? just an idea but why don't you ask the farm owner if you can raise money for them you could say to them "hey i just thought it would be a good idea to raise some money, to buy better fences for them or better facilaties" they mite like the idea that they would get better equipment etc. for free.
you could have a sponsered ride, or tack clean or something like that!
i would say that if you feel it is really bad then get the RSPCA on them!(but only if it is seriousely bad)
also if you take your colt from there then you will never know whats going on to the other poor horses so it could be fate that you change the farm and make it nice! you can't rely on other people to say something

hope this will help you in any way
if you need any more help just post in this forum again
Hope this wasn't too long winded!
i would also like to hear from you tom know you have read this
thanx Gemma

Re: my colt

yes you could bottle feed it if the mother is sick or possibly died at birth you would have to. I took my colt away at 6 months