Return to Website

Horse Crazy Web Forum

Questions,queries and suggestions covering all aspects of horses and ponies. PLEASE NOTE: Please take extra care not to give out too many personal details. Any messages giving details of personal phone numbers will be deleted. This action is taken for your personal safety.

UNFORTUNATLY THIS FORUM IS TURNING AWAY FROM ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE. THE TOPIC IS HORSES & THAT IS WHY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE COME HERE, HOWEVER IT IS BEING OVER CROWDED BY NON-HORSE TOPICS. PLEASE KEEP IT HORSEY. NON HORSE MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED.

Horse Crazy Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
careing for schoolmaster

I live in tenerife, i own a 16.3hands warmblood, hes a prix st goerge 17year old school master. i do med level dressage on him, the stable where hes on full changed his food and he lost condition, i have taken over his food now, hes put the wieght back on but not the condition, the yard owner says i should stable him, but i like him to live out 24/7 (the temp never goes below16c at night) so what do you think should older working horses LIVE OUT or should they be STABLED, he lives out with one other horse

Re: careing for schoolmaster

well as long as hes ruged well whether he lives in or out wont matter, many worked horses tend to lose condition in this time. so just keep him welled ruged and worked/ schooled and in time his condition should pick up!

Re: careing for schoolmaster

mY WARMBLOOD LIVES OUT 24/7 AND HE'S FINE! IF THE GRASS RUNS OUT HIS FOOD WOULD NEED TO BE SUPLIMENTED, BUT YOU CLEALRY KNOW THAT, IF YOU'VE IMPROVED HIS CONDITION. CHECK OUT THIS SITE FOR MORE FEEDIND AD CARE TIPS, AS WELL AS TRAINING TIPS http://www.horsehero.com/index