Return to Website

Bonehead Of The Day Award Message Board

ectStandard_468x60

This message board is for readers of the Bonehead Of The Day Award for exchanging ideas, for getting to know each other (make new friends!) and for having fun.

The Bonehead Of The Day Award, originally published by email, is now available as a news feed and is also available as a Google gadget.

And check out the chat room too! 

Bonehead Of The Day Award Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SAVANNAH TRIP

Weather - still HOT, HOT, HOT.

Stayed in the Country Inn Suites in the historic district - It was great !!! Large room with 2 flat-screen TVs and a seperate bedroom.

I was hoping to stay at the Mansion on Forsythe but they only had one night available and I wanted at least two. What a special place that is.....

Another nice place to stay would be the Riverside area but I didn't know that at the time. We went down to that area on our second day.

On our last day we went to Tybee Island before heading back to Canton, GA. It reminded me of Florida BEFORE all the over-development.....
We had gotten too late a start to go ski-doing as I intended, but we did get to see the Fort and the Lighthouse.....

I JUST LOVE ALL THE "DRIPPY TREES" AS I CALL THEM !!!

AND ALL THE HISTORIC ARCHITECTURE and COBBLESTONE STREETS !!! NEXT TIME I WILL PLAN TO STAY LONGER THAN THREE DAYS....AMTRAK GOES THERE FROM FLORIDA SO I WON'T EVEN HAVE TO DRIVE and Savannah has buses, quaint trollies and the like to ride for free. They also have great tours for a fare and horse and buggie rides.....I shouldn't forget to mention the night-time haunted house tour !!!

PICTURES WILL FOLLOW as soon as I stop running around a bit....

Re: SAVANNAH TRIP

Sounds like a very nice trip. I've never been to Savannah....always end-up in Charleston instead. We'll have to plan a visit soon.

Jimmie

Re: SAVANNAH TRIP

Gatlinburg and Savannah were definately worthy trips to take, both for scenery and fun. Today I'm leaving for Lexington, SC (for the next five days). I expect this will also be a worthy adventure !!!

Jimmie
Sounds like a very nice trip. I've never been to Savannah....always end-up in Charleston instead. We'll have to plan a visit soon.

Jimmie