Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Georgia Island, Calvin Haley

My great-uncle, TSgt Calvin Haley was killed during the campaign on New Georgia Island in 1943. I believe that he was probably a member of the 25th Infantry Division. I have information that an airfield on the island was renamed for him after his death, but cannot verify the validity of the information. I am looking for anyone who might have known Calvin Haley, have information about the actions that brought about his death, or know anything about the airfield (possibly Munda). I do know that his actions resulted in some awards which were retained by his wife, but my family no longer has any knowledge of what happened to them.

Thanks for anything anyone can offer.

I can be contacted by email at al_haley@msn.com or by phone at 619-818-8638.

Thanks again,
Allen