Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOOKING FOR

SFC BERNARD KAVANAUGH WHO SERVED IN THE
35TH INF. REG. IN KOREA FR.FEB.1953 TO
JUNE, 1954. COMPANY E.

Re: LOOKING FOR

Bernard, I was stationed with Div. Hd. & Hd. Co. from Jan. 54 (Korea) to Nov. 55 (Hawaii). I'm sorry, I can't help you with your search but maybe you can provide some information to me. A couple of questions:
1.) you were in Korea for 16 months - was that 16 months a typical tour of duty? Yikes, a long time to live in a tent. I'm guessing you didn't make it to Hawaii which is too bad. My year plus in Hawaii made up for the 10 months of cold, mud, heat and dust of Korea, but I can't complain too much because I got to Korea after the shooting stopped right? My total hitch with the 25th was 22 months before shipping stateside.
2.) sometime in the spring of 1954, my Co. moved from No. Korea back down south across the 38th. Was the 35th involved in that relocation? If so do you recall the name of the Camp we departed from and the name of the Camp we went to? I remember the long dusty convoy haul south to the Uijongbu area I think, but the Camp names escape me. Camp Casey maybe?
3.) like you I'm searching for a couple of guys, one was named Eddie Merrifield and I think he might of been somewhere in the 35th. Eddie and I trained together at Fort Meade, MD but were at different locales in Korea before meeting up again in Hawaii.
Thanks and good luck with your search, and I hope all is well with you.
(Sp4) John Fahy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

SFC BERNARD KAVANAUGH WHO SERVED IN THE
35TH INF. REG. IN KOREA FR.FEB.1953 TO
JUNE, 1954. COMPANY E.

Re: LOOKING FOR

Foster -- excuse me for not editing my reply before sending it off (referred to you as Bernard). Lesson is, never to old to learn right? This format takes a little getting used to. Hope I got it right this time.
J.F.