Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: WWII vet's of the 25th Inf. Div. Cannon Co. 161 Inf

Dear Sir!

Thanks so much for responding to my search! Yes, I would very much like to hear from your time during the campaign, and maybe I can send some pictures so you might reccon any one on those pictures!

I tried to send you this to your e-mail address, but it bounched back. Can you write me directly to my e-mail address?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was a Platoon Leader in Cannon Co. for a short
time in 1944. I have some memorabelia about
the Co. including a copy of the Presidential
Citation the Co. received for action at San
Manuel on Luzon.
If tou are interested contact me at wechs216@net
zero.com

Re: WWII vet's of the 25th Inf. Div. Cannon Co. 161 Inf

Hans:

My father, Leo J. Schmidt of the 25th, 161st Infantry was seriously wounded in a Japanese counter attack on Jan 25, 1945 in the battle for San Manuel, Philippines.

My father died in 1999. He never spoke of the war, not even to tell me that the lightning bolt on his uniform was given to him as a part of “Tropic Lightning.” He was at Guadalcanal, Pearl, New Georgia, the Solomons, and Luzon. I have spent a great deal of time reconstructing his days in the service and would be happy to share stories with you.

I would love to see your photo album.

Dale Schmidt