Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm looking for poeple who knew my Dad, PFC Jose` G. Romo

Hello to my fellow vets.

My name Is Richard Romo, I served in the ARMY from 1994 to 2000. In my 6 years I was not lucky enough to serve in the 25TH INF. DIV. like my father, but I proudly served my country regardles of what unit I was assighned to. As a child my father would sometimes tell me things he did in baisic training (FORT ORD) and Vietnam. He only told me about the good times and when he went to Austrelia for R and R. As I grew older I became more interested in what he did back then so I pressed him for more information but he never gave in. Then in 1992 - 1993 my father contracted spinal mendenjitus (I'M NOT QUITE SURE HOW IT'S SPELLED), the he passed away On 30 OCT 93. He left me with many unanswerd questions abuot his tour in Vietnam. If any one has any information , pictures, or memories of my father I would like to hear from you. I am puting together a small biographry of him for his grand children. (4 girls from my younger brother and 1 boy + 1 on the way from me) So when they get older I can give them a good idea on who he was, and also to hopefully answer some of my questions. What informatinn I have of his tour in Nam is he was in D CO 1ST BN 5TH INF BOBCATS from 1968 - 1969. He was awarded 2 Bronse stars(I saw his name in the 2 DEC 68 issue of TROPIC LIGHTNING NEWS for one of them)and he drove a M 548 Tracked Vehicle called FLOWER POWER. His home town was La Puente California. Please Contact me if you knew him.
Thank you all for doing your part for your country so people like me can grow up and do thier part too.

Thank You From A
Proud Son Of A Bobcat

CPL. Richard M. ROMO
U.S. ARMY
AVAITION