Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Lord called another Vet home

Anyone out there looking for Doug Smith, 25th ID, 2/14 (possibly 2/12) "D" company vietnam 68-69 at Cu Chi can call of the search. He passed away after a long illness March of 2004.
I am looking for some info myself though. Towards the end his mind was slippin a little, he would try and tell me about his unit but the story kept changing. He talked about "D" company and sometimes he talked about "Wolf Hounds" but sometimes he called them the Delta Dogs. Are these one in the same?
I know from his DD 214 that he was with the 25th ID, and that he was in Vietnam in 68-69. I know that at some point he got a purple heart and a bronze star but the DD 214 does not elaborate as to the circumstances surrounding those things.
If you think you might have served with him, he was from Big Spring Texas, he went through basic at Fort Polk, LA. That's all I got, other than he carried an "over and under" while he was there.
Any input is welcome, feel free to e-mail me, I'm the proud son of a vietnam vet. If you're a vet, and you're reading this, thank you for your service to this country. --Chris--