Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for the support During hospital stay at Walter Reed.

Hello,
Just wanted to Send a thank you to all the Asociation guys that came to see me during my stay at walter Reed in Washington DC. It means alot to know that you folks are there and care about Veterans today and form times past. I'm not very good at writeing this kind of stuff so please bear with me.I was a memmber of 2/35 infantry who had to reclass as an MP. i Had the honor of serving under CSM Arthur Coleman and LTC Mcbride during my Time at schofield 2000-2004.I was deployed to Iraq from Ft Hood Tx in Feb 05. on 27 July i was In an uparmored Humvee gun truck returning from a mission near the iranian border. About 10 minutes from our Base (camp shield) my truck was hit by 3 IED's. My gunner and Driver were killed instantly. After the IED's the truck crashed into the median and 2 frags that we kept in the rear seat for easy acsess detonated.Some how my squad memmbers managed to get me out of the truck and on a medevac. the next thing i Know,i wake up in walterReed.One of the first Faces besides my Wife and mother that i can recall seeing wa sthat of Joe finch.Joe reassured me and my family that everything would be ok and if we needed absolutely anything to call him.He was put to the test or so my wife tells me by me asking him for a coke slurrpee..
my wife tells me joe took off like a rocket and was back in just a few minutes with it.That may not seem like much to alot folks but its something i will never forget. through out our 5 month stay walter reed joe was continuously askin if we needed anything and how things were going. Just knowing that Joe and the rest of you guys were praying for us and careing about how we were doing made a huge impact on myself and family. I am back home in Hawaii now and doing the rest of my medical stuff. I will more than likely be out of the army in Aug and hope to go to work somewhere here. I am sorry to make this long winded and will wrap it up now.So to all of My 25th ID Asc. friends and the wonderful folks at the 35th inf cacti Asc. MR ben youmen and all the rest. you will forever have my heart felt thanks and grattitude, for all you have done.. Thank you.