Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Book

Hey Guys, My name is Jimmy Johnson. I was with the 27th Inf. Wolfhounds in Cu Chi in 1967. I was hit in the village of Duc Hoa in July of that year and lost a leg. I have written a book, 'The Vietnam Worm'. It deals with one man's struggle with PTSD. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who reads it. You can view it on Amazon and read some reviews. You can also go to the Military Writers Society of America website and see it. Thanks, Jimmy Johnson

Re: Book

Great job! A must read for all Vietnam Vets.

Re: Re: Book

I haven't read your book yet, but you mentioned struggling with PTSD. I am wondering if you tried EMDR therapy? I did this because of PTSD and it really helped. The full name of the therapy is Eye Movement Desensitation and Reprocessing. It's been proven to work really well on PTSD and I can personally vouch for it, since it changed my life for the better. You can do a web search on EMDR and learn more about it. Congratulations on writing your book and email me if you have any questions.