Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Search

The travling wall came to Longview WA last week. I had been searching web site's trying to locate my cousin Big Ronnie (my little brother has the same first name) who died in South Vietnam. Finally there he was- 24E 035 "Ronald Dean McIlravy". My last memory of Ronnie, he was 18 and I was around 8. He was telling me all about his joining the Army. He had been doing push ups and stuff getting into shape. I recall him showing how strong he was. To this little kid he was the stuff heros were made of. I dont know if Long Khanh is a place or operation but he is listed as dying 29 July 1967. I have been searching in hope of learning more about his life from the last time I talked to him. All I heard way back then was that Big Ronnie was missing and later heard that the patrol he was on had been ambushed. The information from the wonderful folks staffing the wall says-- Casualty type: Hostile, died while missing. Air Ops/Reason: Ground Casualty, arty, rocket, mortar. Where or how can I find out what that means and how can I learn more about what he accomplished before he died. It says he was a SSgt E-5 with a MOS 11D40. All it says is he was with the 25th infantry division. I want to say Thank you to all of you for all your sacrifices and service. Been to a lot of web sites looking, lots of heart in all of them.