Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Travelling to Vietnam

My late husband (Robert L Bratton) was in Vietnam in 1969-70 part of the 25th, he wanted his ashes sprinkled in Vietnam and I'm intending to go there in 2007. He became an Australian citizen in 1972 I'm Australian, we married when he was on R&R in 1970. I'm needing support on this project not sure where to go or what to do. The American Embassy in Australia just doesn't want to know. Bob had ghosts he wanted to burry and I'm hoping to do that for him. He was a Chaplian's Assistant in vietnam. Can anyone give me some advice on how to go about it.

Re: Robert Bratton in Australia during service

Dear Mrs Bratton - I am not sure if this is still your contact. I was looking up some details for a friend at a church in Newtown in Sydney about your late husband. She had corresponded with him during the Vietnam War as part of the programme of letter-writing and still had his letters and had wondered what had happened to him during the war and after (last letter appears to be in March 1970). I have printed your note in the 25th Infantry Association Forum and given to her for information.
Sue (her name) would be interested in some more information if you were able to provide that for her, I could pass on (she does not have her own internet access).
with many thanks Peter Bentley