Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interviewing WWII veterans of the 25th Division

TO: The 25th Infantry Division Association

Hello, my name is David Wilmes.

I am with the Saint Vincent College Center for Northern Appalachian Studies which is affiliated with the Library of Congress' Veterans History Project. I have been interviewing World War II veterans since 1995 and in that time have conducted about 200 interviews. Currently, I and my colleagues at the Center are preparing a publication on the oral histories we have collected over the years. However, I would like to contact your organization to see if there are any veterans of the 25th that I could interview or submit questionnaires to about their service in World War II. Part of the book will be dealing with the Pacific War and being that the 25th played such an important part throughout the campaigns in the Pacific, we would be remiss if we did not include some accounts from 25th Division veterans.

Please feel free to contact me at this email address - owen1918@msn.com

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Sincerely,

David Wilmes

Re: Interviewing WWII veterans of the 25th Division

My father, Leo John Schmidt was a member of the 25th, 161st Infantry. He was wounded Jan 25, 1945 on Luzon. He passed Jan 1999, but if I can be of any help let me know.

Dale Schmidt