Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1937 photos to donate

I have visited the Cavalry Museum and examined some of the collected photos. My wife and I were stationed there in the early '90s. The museum is very careful and protective of those collections and are strict about reproduction, insisting on permission from families wherever they have the ability to contact them. You may donate them their with confidence. Another possibility is the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor at Fort Knox, KY.

My grandfather retired as a colonel of Cavalry in the Fifties, passing away at the end of that decade. 1958. I served as an Armor officer, Armor being the Army inheritor of the Cavalry tradition. We also have several large photos similar to yours, of regiments abreast, at Fort D.A. Russell (now Frances E. Warren AFB.

If you have not yet donated this collection, and would be interested in simply passing them to a family with a military tradition that would care for and treasure them, please consider ours. We lost almost all of our family heritage in our grandfather's acrimonious divorce from his second wife. I assure you that your collection would be cared for, valued, and enjoyed. I have a mantle already prepared.

Jim Kilian

Re: Re: 1937 photos to donate

Jim, thank you for your suggestions. I think my father would prefer the photos in a public place for others to appreciate but if we don't find one we like, I'll get back in touch with you.