Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Edward Russell Co. C

Edward Russell was in the 25th Infantry, Co. C 1912-1914, stationed in California. He was African- American. After his discharge he traveled to Oregon and was apparently homeless. He died tragically in the town of Cottage Grove March 19, 1915 and was buried in an unmarked grave. I have requested a VA issued headstone and the cemetery has agreed to install it. I would like to arrange a proper memorial service for this man in the next few months (as Oregon weather allows). Is there anyone from this unit who would like to attend? Also I would like discover any other information about Mr. Russell and if he had any children.