Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Producer of New History Channel Project

Hello. I'm contacting ALL veterans since you may know someone who can help me with a new History Channel project...or knows someone who knows someone...As the creator & Executive Producer of the Military Channel's BATTLEFIELD DIARIES series, I'm trying to continue to tell personal stories of our all-volunteer military. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Here's the details:

My name is Brian Leonard. I am a documentary producer who specializes in military stories. I am currently starting a project for The History Channel called BAND OF BLOGGERS (wt) which will collect and offer raw video segments shot by our servicemen & women, as well as the military, in Iraq and Afghanistan. At first they will air on their website, and we are working on turning them into a TV special or series of specials. The kind of segments/footage we're looking for is varied: raw segments of life inside and outside the wire...fire-fights, humanitarian efforts, rebuilding efforts, training, barracks life, recovery, etc. All examples of hope, survival, joy, sadness and triumph. We're not looking for fancy shooting or editing, but rather a raw, uncensored look at what it's like for our military in Iraq and Afghanistan mostly through their own eyes.

The other more detailed segment is still raw, but something with an interview or commentary accompanying it. Again, nothing fancy, just footage with a "take" on it, from yourself or someone else. Truth...with a fresh, non-media take or slant. Because you were right there with the troops in the street, I'd love to hear from you to see if you are interested. Are you planning on going back to Iraq or Afghanistan in the near future? We could supply a video camera and tapes if you are? Here's the request I send to people:

WANTED: Personal video & stills shot by troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for History Channel project. Nothing is out of bounds. The good, the bad, the ugly. Great sequences, images, characters & stories a plus! Video diaries, interviews, insights,… Life inside & outside the wire,... Fun times, sad times, down time, rebuilding & combat. Please pass the word. Any format OK. Contributors whose pieces are used will be compensated. Submitting material does not guarantee it will be used.

So if you have footage, or know of someone who does, I hope you will contact me or pass this e-mail onto them. If you know someone who’s going to deploy to a combat zone in the near future, they could also contact me to discuss possibilities. I've attached my biography for your review and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you very much.

Brian Leonard
President & Executive Producer
Normandy Films
203-915-7080
F) 203-649-5048
normandyfilms@mac.com
Please visit www.NormandyFilms.tv