Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost my Dad

Thanks for posting this. I lost my father in 1999. He was 161st Infantry and served in every campaign your father did. My father, Leo J. Schmidt was seriously wounded on Jan 25, 1945 in the battle for San Manuel, Luzon.

I suggest you look for a book called "Across The Dark Islands" by Floyd Radike. Amazon should have it. I got mine at Borders. It will give you an even better idea what your dad went through.

Stay in touch with us and share any info you have.

Dale Schmidt

P.S. I live in Redmond, WA about 15 miles north of Kent (where I went to school for a while). Nearby is Tahoma Memorial Cemetery where my Father and Uncle were laid to rest. Maybe Stephen should visit the cemetery — it's quite nice.