Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medical Records

I was with Co. B 125th Signal Bn, 25th Inf Div in April, May, and June of 1968. While in basecamp I was directed to work temporarily at the motorpool. I was injured by an exploding 2 1/2 ton truck tire slip ring. I was sent to I believe, the 12th Evac Hospital for eight stiches neat my left temple. I am having a very hard time finding any information about this incident. I have received information from US Army Archives that this hospital never existed. It was the only hospital in CuChi basecamp in the 1968 time frame. I have received a copy of my entire 201 file, which consisted of exactly three yes three peices of paper, entrance exam, exit exam and shot records, nothing else. Any one have any idea where I can get any help? I have a letter written to my folks in 1968 detailing the experience. I would deeply appreciate any help that anyone could give. My e-mail address is ticvic@aol.com. I live in Lake Worth, FL. Again Thank You to any one responding.

Re: Medical Records

Vic Pati,I too have problems finding my records. it's like we should have keep them with us after ever vist to the doc?.

Re: Re: Medical Records

Hi Mary
I have been fighting the VA for about 8 years now over getting up to 100% disability as a result of service related items. I guess that all that we were told, while in the service, about our 201 files having "EVERY SINGLE DETAIL" of our military service details, was just a BIG CROCK of you know what. When I finally received a copy of my "201" File it consisted of my 1.)Service Entry Physical, 2.)Shot Record and lastly 3.) Exit from Service Physical. That was it. Three years of promotions, travel orders, Schooling and Awards condensed down to the three things listed above. I have gone to several "Archives Records" units to get "After Action Reports" to prove whereabouts for things concerning my disabilities. It is just a continuation of being involved in confrontation. In the 60's it was with the North Vietnamese and the Vietcong. In the years following my military service it has been a fight with my own government! I have noticed that probably 75% of the people that we have to deal with today concerning a disability have ABSOLUTELY NO MILITARY SERVICE BACKGROUND whatsoever. Therefore they have ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE IDEA OF WHAT WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH and I might add that their jobs are just that, A JOB, that is over at 5 PM. The ONLY people that have helped me in my quest have been former Military Service Doctors and Caregivers. I guess that I could go on for hours and hours of details about my quest. I just recently found a Doctor in Gainesville, Florida VA Hospital that helped me get to 80%. My quest now is since I can NOT work as a result of my service related medical conditions I once again have put in for IU (Individual Unemployability). So once again I am forced to play the infamous "WAITING GAME". No matter how you put it, you are at their mercy!
Whenever I meet anyone that has a relative on Active Military Service, I ask if I can pass on some advise. The advice is - To SAVE EVERY SCRAP OF PAPER THAT PERTAINS TO YOUR ACTIVE SERVICE RELATED RECORDS. IF YOU KEEP THEM YOU WILL HAVE IT BECAUSE SOME DAY YOU WILL NEED THESE RECORDS FOR SOME REASON, MOSTLY MEDICAL. If you depend on the Military to keep these records they somehow manage to disappear when you need them most to prove a variety of things from whereabouts to specific happenings in your area of operations.
GOOD LUCK to you Mary! My e-mail address is ticvic@aol.com if I can be of more help to you. I can empathize with your records problems. Take Care!
Sincerely,
Vic Pati