Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Agent Orange & Parkinson's Disease

Mr Oates,
I served with 25th Div Hd & Hd Co in Korea from Jan. 1954 to Sept. 1954 returning then with the Div to Schofield Barracks. My question; a couple of years ago I heard from some source I do not recall now, that Agent Orange (or an early version of same) was used in Korea. Do you know if this is true? I ask because two and ½ years ago I developed throat (voice box) cancer (now in remission after radiation) which puzzled my Doctors because I have not smoked in 35 plus years. I remember we were stationed in N. Korea before the pull back to south of Seoul in the Spring of 1954. All our water was drawn from local rivers of course.
Thank you for any information you might be able to provide.
John Fahy
cell: 508 612-9663
email: menoj17@aol.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am a retired/E-8 who served in Vietnam. I ask for your help in getting the following information out to veterans. I am asking for your help in contacting other vets who been in Nam or been exposed to agent orange. If you can send out emails to them that would be great. Please put the information into your news letter or publications.

There is a group called “Vietnam veterans with Agent Orange/Parkinson’s” that has intensely researched and sought support from their congressmen and senators. We have congressmen Tim Walz of Minnesota and Bob Filner of California, (chairman of the Veterans Affairs committee) that have drawn up a bill to place Parkinson’s on the presumptive list of diseases caused by Agent Orange. We need each and every veteran who has Parkinson’s Disease to join us. To get more information and or to join our group contact Steve Fiscus email swfiscus@msn.com. The Group has a wealth of information to pass onto you on Agent Orange and Parkinson’s. Don’t wait we need you and need you counted in the membership to be successful.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alan B. Oates, 1SG, E-8 US Army Retired

No Mission Too Difficult, No Sacrifice Too Great, Duty First
(1st Infantry Div.... BIG RED ONE

Re: Agent Orange & Parkinson's Disease

March 3, 2009 - just updating my email address. Same question remains unanswered re: Was Agent Orange (or an early version) used in Korea 1950 - 1954?
Thanks for any info ...