Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Incident Information Authorized Unit Citations

I'm looking for help in establishing the fact that I suffered a head injury in a bunker complex in November 1970 and was subsequently dusted off along with Sam Margolis. At the time of the incident, I was with 3/22, D. Looking for Pee Wee (M-60), Crow [(M-79)(John Sumpter)], Sam Margolis, Charles E. Burwell (Top).

Also looking for information on joint patrol with ARVN's. On this day, it was the ARVN's turn to walk point, there were three ARVN's in front who were killed by a booby trap, I suffered an injury to my foot when the shrapnel tore through my boot. Our regular medic, Doc Angel, was not on this mission and I can not remember the name of the medic who was assigned to this mission. I also remember covering one of the dead ARVN's with a poncho and carrying him to an extration point and putting the body on a chopper. The Captain looked at my boot/foot and I told him I was okay and we continued on our mission.

I would also like to know if anybody can tell me how to find out what Unit Citations were awarded to the 3rd Battalion 22nd Infantry, 25th Infantry Division. I served with them in 1970 - 1971.

Thank you