Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: detail of ribbons and metals

I was looking through forum and read your question. My father served in the same unit during the time you mentioned. He was stationed in Nara, Japan. Do you know if you Dad was at that post? My Dad also served in the Korean War. I have photos of my dad and some of her felllow soldiers that I would be glad to share with you. My Dad was in Nara from 1947 until 1951. Carol

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My Father served during the Koren War. His name is Clifford Tharp. He enlisted 3/1/51. This is what I know about his unit he was in the 25th Infantry Division, B-BTRY 64TH F.A. BN I have a picture of his ribbons and metal but have no clue as to what they mean. I want to order them and make my sisters and myself displays. I have a picture if someone would be willing to help me. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You.

Re: detail of ribbons and metals

Hi, Cynthia,
My father was in the 25th during WWII and researching his service is an ongoing effort. I bought a book of Army insignia & decorations and would be happy to try to assist you in your quest. Send me a clear scan of what you have and I'll see what I can do (no guarantees :) )