Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tal Afar Oct 2004 to Jan 2005

Hi,

Just looking for contacts who were in Tal Afar or Al-Kasik between the months of October 2004 to January 2005 who have any photos or items they'd like to share with me of the Australian Army troop that was conducted ops in the area. I'm an ex-soldier of the troop stationed there which was 3 troop A squadron of the 2nd Cavalry Regiment, Australian Army....

Cheers

Re: Tal Afar Oct 2004 to Jan 2005

Greetings Justin, I was with Task Force 1-151 Aviation and I know that we had a detachment at Tal Afar AB fueling and arming our Apaches there. We flew in support of and assigned to the 1st Stryker Bde of the 25th ID. (FYI, we flew the grey AH-64A's the insurgents refered to as the "blue dragons.") I'm sure that we don't have any photos within our group of guys, but I will ask nevertheless.