Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dwight Leroy Basey Spec 4

In Loving Memory of Spec 4 Dwight Leroy Basey. You were only 12 years old when I married your father Lenard James Basey. We went to Anderson, Indiana to see you and your dad's family. When I met you, you walked right into my heart, where I still hold you dearly with loving memories. You came back to Ft. Releigh, Kansas with us for the summer. I still hold in my heart what you told your father when he asked you what you thought of your new step-mother. I can still see you spit shining your fathers' boots. He was so proud of you. By summers end we all had made many memories. Your mother Thelma came and stayed with us the last week of your stay. We had became good friends and I think we went swimming every day. The next time we went to Indiana, we stayed with your mother and step-father John McGuire and half brother Ronny Fortune. I have so many memories and your letters. Your father was so proud of you when you decided to follow in his footsteps and join the Army. He retired Feb. 28, 1966 and we lost you on Nov. 19, 1966. It took me 20 years before I could finally accept that you were not coming back to us, and it still hurts the same today. Your mother went to be with you shortly after we lost you. Your father went to be with you on Nov. 18, 1993. I know you are all a family again and waiting on me.
We have been in touch with several of the men who were with you in the 25th, Infantry. They are all hero's in their own ways to me. They all spoke highly of you and shared some of their memories with us. Allan Quale was the first one to contact us and through him we have been able to contact others, like Sgt. Ayo, Tom Jones and Paul North. I can never thank you all enough for the information you have shared with us and helping keep his memory alive. You are all in my prayers.
God Bless You All

Barbara A. Basey

posted by; Theresa Basey