Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Visiting Schofield Barracks

The question of visiting Schofield does come up on occasion, and I looked through my many saved emails until I found one that addressed it previously. Our executive director answered another Tropic Lightning vet:
"Suggest you call the Tropic Lightning Museum (808-655-0438) before visiting. Ask for Linda and tell her Butch suggested that you call for information. The TLM ought to be your first stop on base. Security is very tight. Expect a vehicle search and perhaps individual search of all auto occupants."

In a more recent response to a similar question, our executive director said, in part: "Unless he is a retired military, he must use the Lyman Gate, not the Foote Gate. The Foote Gate is the first you come to turning off of the highway, but he should go to the second (Lyman) gate. Everyone in the vehicle will need photo ID and they should be prepared to show the auto rental papers. Expect to have the vehicle searched."

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Paul North (2/14th Infantry, '68-'69)
Webmaster, 25th Infantry Division Association