Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Dad at age 91

My Dad was also in that battle....it was Luzon, Phillipines...the guys at the 25th web site can tell you all about it if you can get them started....there is also a book that was written about their actions which tells about that 160 plus days in combat without relief.....my Dad saved his copy for me and I just could not bring myself to take his book, it was just too much for me. Someone stole the book, so I messed that one up. My sisters found a copy of the book on the internet so they are still around. It may be hard but you and your Dad should talk. I let up because I felt it stirred old memories that hurt my Dad; and now I wish I had just went ahead and learned all I could from him and shared all I could with him about his terrible ordeals to keep us free. I am currently in New Zealand visiting my son and trying to find out where they went in New Zealand for R&R (I remember they went to New Zealand but I don not remember where. If your Dad can tell me where they went I would appreciate it. May God bless both you and your Dad.
raymond hudson (son of Roy Leonard Hudson)from Kentucky