Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fsb keene

According to the book "Where We Were in Vietnam", p. S-271, there were several FSB Keenes (Keene I, II and III. Several grid coordinates:
FSB Keene, XT 614-017
FSB Keene I and II, XT 604-016
FSB Keene III, XT 600-010.

The first coordinates are for the one I remember being at, when I first came in country in October '68. Got out to the field in mid October, and the platoon was still buzzing about the failed ground attack the night of Sept. 30-Oct 1.

FSB Keene III may be the one you are looking for. The notation reads, "Near My Hanh, apx 9 km ESE Khiem Cuong, 21 km WNW Tan Son Nhut AB and 5 km NNE Duc Hoa AF. 1st/8th Arty, 25th Div here. Apr 69. Hau Nghia Pr., III Corps."

Hope that helps.

Paul North (2/14th Infantry, E Co. mortars, 1968-69)
Webmaster, 25th Infantry Division Association

FSP Keene II was at Ap Tram Lac and Keene III was at Xom Giang Dua. Both were just a few klicks north and northeast of Duc Hoa. I was with C Battary 1/8th in 67 and 68 as part of the FDC center.

thanks Howard, pleased to meet you-I was c btry 1/8th at Keene as well in the late summer 68-till feb 69. I was sent out as a vehicle mech but there was nothing for me to do so I became a general dogsbody.bunker guard at night,ammo humping etc. unslung a few chinooks & used to go out on fireball missions with a couple of gun crews. welcome home. you can email me at-cuchi@hotmail.co.uk