Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Connecting the dots looking for information for DIC

Andy Brinkman Was a Korean Vet. On Jan 30th 2011 he died in Miami FL. As his widow I have applied for DIC
The VA wants me to prove he was a Prisoner of War. They ask if anyone saw him get captured. When he was there I believe he was part of the Bowling Alley. He told me he was I think on the Pussan perimeter. The 25th Division 27th Regiment Easy Co in 1949. He was shot about eight times picking up someone on the battlefield, captured by the Chinese. There were a few other guys captured at the same time. Then he and a few others in the dead of night dove over a cliff to escape. Thats when his back was broke. In the River and the Gauntlet SLA Marshall mentions Andy by name but doesnt account for his capture. Andy said he was captured on Thanksgiving Day (he was there as part of replacement troops.

Can anyone out there give me any help? If you can give me any kind of help I would appreciate it.