Return to Website

25th Infantry Division Association Forum

Welcome to our forum. This service allows association members and visitors to communicate with each other by posting messages that can be responded to within the forum. All inappropriate postings (profanity, personal attacks, sales pitches) will be removed, and the poster of such messages banned. Note that we can't archive these postings as we have done with the guestbook.

25th Infantry Division Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's on the chalice

I'm a Deacon in a church in California. We have a chalice with an inscription on the bottom that reads "In memory of Alfonso Vanegas Jr. A.S.N. (xxxxxxx) Canon Company, 161st Infantry Regiment, 25th Division, USA. Presented in his honor by his fellow soldiers who knew him, respected him and admired him. May he rest in peace. New Calidonia April 28th 1944" I have sent his ASN to the National Personnel Records Center and they have no record of him. Or, at least, they can't find him with the information I gave above. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can find out who he was? We use the chalice from time to time, especially around the 4th and Memorial Day. I'd like to find out the back story, if possible. Thanks, Deacon Mark