BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
any information about my father

My name is Stephen Spurr. I was born in Aden,Yemen in 1953. Except for the birth certificate, I have little information surrounding just why my parents were there.
I am most interested in knowing more about my father's death in Aden. According to the only information I have been given, my father was on a motor launch that caught fire. He died as a result of the burns he sustained in that fire. My father was RAF, Bertie W Spurr. The accident mentioned happened on July 24, 1959.
It would be so much appreciated if anyone would know anything about my family, particularly my father, please make contact. This is an important part of my family history that has been missing.

Regards and thanks,
Stephen Spurr

Email: sgspurr@gmail.com, csgalvin@gmail.com

Re: any information about my father

Hi Stephen,
Have you tried to obtain his service records?
this link may assist.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/raf.html

The section relevant to you is near the bottom of the page.Starting ;From family members.....

Email: aux201@btinternet.com

Re: any information about my father

Stephen

Well have written to MOD or asked your MP to write to Defence Minister.

Also RAF have records on servicing personal from the past) you could write to them hopeful should be able advise you

RAF 3rd Party Disclosure Team,
Room 14
Trenchard Hall,
RAF Cranwell, Sleaford LINCS
NG34 8HB

I hope my information helps

Email: huto69@hotmail.com