BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Little Aden 1957/60

My father was stationed at the BP refinery in the late 50's. Dr William David Livingstone (Bill) Smith. His wife was Isabel Smith. Unfortunately I don't have that good a memory of the place, but we luckily have quite a bit of cine film. I remember the house - directly across the road from the lovely beach, the driver/housekeeper called Safe and dad's lovely black 190 Mercedes - which he bought out there. One of the names I do remember was Alison Waters and I think the refinery manager was a Mr Trantor. If anyone was there around that time - maybe you can help fill in some of the gaps.
Elliot

Re: Little Aden 1957/60

Hi Elliot,

We're clearly contemporaries but my memories of people and places are severely limited sadly. I was so young when I left. All I can really remember was that it seemed like a wonderful life in an idyllic environment. I'm reasonably sure, however, that I recall mention of Bill Smith by my parents on more than one occasion. Admittedly, though, while not wishing to be rude, it's not an uncommon name. Have a hunt through the galleries on here and see if you can find any pictures of your parents. If there's any way of posting your films online (YouTube maybe?) I'm sure they'd be appreciated by everyone on here.

Cheers,

Stephen Turtle

Email: steve@terrapania.com