BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rev Kenneth Edmund Nelson and Barbara Jean Nelson

Hi,

What years were your parents there.

As a child I remember happy times at the church.

I was just going thru my old boxes and found my book of Holy Pictures that I got each time I went to St Peters. The priest at the catholic church father Angelo gave out kittens. I went to both churches. I was there from 1955 to 1965

Email: patriciamiller5W@hotmail.com

I was there at that time and remember especially Christmas and all things we did as children. I was a bridesmaid to June Stewart (forget her husbands name) with Lesley Jones. We were an unlikely couple of kids to be bridesmaids as we were always getting out knees scuffed. Still have the photos outside the church with my headdress slightly askew. Might be about 1960 or thereabouts.

Hi Chris
I remember your mum and Dad. Your dad was the vicar at St Peters church. I also remember your sisters Rosemary and Elisabeth. Your mum was my teacher at the LAPA school at one point. She was a lovely teacher and we all really liked her.

Email: Pmillar3105@gmail.com

Yes, I also remember your parents, particularly your father, Vicar at St Peter’s Church, as my family attended weekly. My parents, David and Norma Allan both sang in the choir and I, too, have the little blue plaque from the church, in my home! My parents have also died; Dad in 1986 aged just 57 and Mum in 2014. We were in Little Aden between 1959-1966. I was trawling through the site to see if anyone had uploaded any photos recently and then spotted this message board. I do remember playing with your sisters Elizabeth and Rosemarie but think you must be a bit older than me…my birth year is 1956. My brother Anthony was born in 1958 and we both attended LAPA School until the family returned to the UK due to ‘the troubles’. Dad left BP in May 1966 (Jottings from that time is on this site) and due to no vacancies back at Head Office in UK, he joined Ushers Brewery in Wiltshire….he always quipped he’d moved from oil to ale! Lovely to read your Post and sending you and your sisters my best wishes. PS I am still in touch with Jane Palmer (nee Townrow) and occasionally with Martine Mellor and Jayne Bree (nee Spragg) who were my contemporaries in Aden days!

Email: margot.evans@icloud.com