Return to Website

Welcome to Dog Companies Forum

Feel free to post a message or read what all we are talking about.  Most topics here will involve information pertaining to the reenacting world and WWII history.  Though any radical or distasteful post will be deleted as soon as possible.  Come in with a light hearted attitude and a will to learn.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tullohoma Convoy ambush / reenactment AUGUST 24th-26th

August 24-26th is sceduled the convoy of allied ww2 vehicles to run scenarios primarily getting ambushed by germans.... The 30th is hosting the event cost will be around 30 dollars due to increased insurance costs. Let me know who all is interested. This is sure to be my last hoorah before I go to Iraq for 15 months. Suggest most of us carpool the site is about 2 hours south of FTCKY. John will be taking the WC and I will bring my jeep.
Heady

Re: Tullohoma Convoy ambush / reenactment AUGUST 24th-26th

Heady, I am sorry but I will not be able make this event. Nice photos of the war!

Headcount for this so far are Heady, Doc 506th, John, Bill, Byron, Brandon?, Larry? anoyone else????

Heady

i will be there and heady can you bring an extra Garand blank adapter

I certainly can and will...
Heady

OK anyone else attending....would like to know so we can carpool not bring duplicate stuff etc....???
Heady

M42s and HBTs are authorized for this event. Recommend coolers! Try to "construct" period K-rations. I'll be sending out emails with uppdates- cost is estimated at $20 and includes airconditioned barracks plus tow meals (breakfast, supper).

Everyone who needs to resupply ammo- let's get together and do a unit order for catoosa- we may be able to save some money by doing that. Also, I still have cleaning kits and weapons accessories belonging to the unit for sale!

I am going to CMP tomorrow to pick up some weapons- contact me ASAP if you need something- they have resupplied ammo and M1s. Also may have a few carbines.

Bill

Many thanks to the 30th for putting this together as a final farewell battle for me and my Dog and German brothers for showing up and giving me a final farewell. I will miss you guys and hope I return intat to fight another season in 2009. Make sure you all email me pics of everyone reenacting etc while I rake sand and rocks....
Heady

PS Ronnie, Brian, Doc and everyone else resopnsible for the Gaust Haus send off thanks it meant a lot to me.

By the way posted a new page with a few pics from this event. If any of you have the last Catoosa pics resend them to me as I need to put them on the website. Especialy the capture of the Pak ones. When my computer crashed a few months ago those pics were lost on my computer.
Heady