Return to Website

Welcome to Dog Companies Forum

Feel free to post a message or read what all we are talking about.  Most topics here will involve information pertaining to the reenacting world and WWII history.  Though any radical or distasteful post will be deleted as soon as possible.  Come in with a light hearted attitude and a will to learn.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Watertown Update

Uniform for DOG Company is:
M42 Normandy Impression
Civilian Sleeping Bags are OK, but must be covered by OD Blanket or Sleeping bag cover.
Bring period rations and chow.

Bring cash or trade items as vendors will be set up most of the time.

If you have questions, drop me a line or call me at 256-895-1483 (Work).

CPT Ferguson

Attendee from DOG Company include:
CPT Ferguson
LT Workman
CPL Ferguson
"Doc" Golliher
Pvt Jennings
PVT Felts
New member, Jeff Mclean
If I missed anyone- sound off!

WATERTOWN PUBLIC EVENT
9-10 November 2007

General Information
Registration will be located at the Watertown Public Square Gazebo.
-Friday 9 November 12:00pm-9:00pm
-Saturday 10 November 8:00am until 10:00am.
Please do not arrive before 12:00pm Friday or after 10:00am Saturday!
4pt;">Schedule of Events
Friday 10 November:
12:00pm Camp/ display setup
7:00pm USO Dance
11:00pm Quiet Time
Saturday 11 November:
9:30am-10:00am Safety and Authenticity briefing/ inspection
10:00am MVPA Military Vehicle Convoy arrives.
10:30am Period displays open
">Train arrives at Watertown, German troops greet the train.
10:45am All personal vehicles must be out of battle area
All re-enactors must be in place for scenario start
11:00am-11:30am Allied Airborne meets German defenses at town square Allied Airborne repulsed Allied Armored reinforcements arrive German defenses repulsed American flag raised over square Safety check of battle area Square reopens to the public
1:45pm All personal vehicles must be out of battle area
All re-enactors must be in place for scenario start
2:00pm-2:30pm Allied Airborne meets German defenses at town square Allied Airborne repulsed Allied Armored reinforcements arrive
German defenses repulsed
American flag raised over square
Safety check of battle area
Square reopens to the public
4:00pm Displays close
11:00pm Quiet Time
Sunday 12 November:
10:00am All camp & display areas cleared
Event closed
Directions:
Watertown is located 40 miles east of Nashville and 10 miles southeast of Lebanon on Highway 70 (also known as Sparta Pike). To get to Watertown from Interstate 40, take exit 239A and travel south/south-east for nine miles. Watertown is on the left side of the Highway, and you will see several signs indicating the turn off of the highway.

Re: Watertown

I had a blast I am so hooked. Great meeting you guys finally. I have some pictures from the event I need to scan in I will email them out once its done.

Jeff

Jeff glad to hear it and thats just a public battle wait to you get to do a tactical.... Hey if you would don't forget to send me some pics also. That way I can dream I am not in Iraq...lol
Heady

It was a great time- thanks for the superb showing! We welcome new member Jeff Mclean- an active duty Army EOD guy who will be an instructor at Redstone Arsenal's EOD school for the next couple of years.

Larry, Doc, Glen, Brandon, Jeff, Byron and I fought on the square with members of the 501st and 502nd PIRs.