Return to Website

Welcome to Dog Companies Forum

Feel free to post a message or read what all we are talking about.  Most topics here will involve information pertaining to the reenacting world and WWII history.  Though any radical or distasteful post will be deleted as soon as possible.  Come in with a light hearted attitude and a will to learn.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
want to get involved......

Hey I've been looking for a unit in georgia for some time. I'm a huge ww2 buff but I have no idea where to get the gear to do this it looks like a blast though. I have the m1 garand I just need help finding the rest of the stuff. I'm 22 years old and a lot of the groups I've found say I'm to young they don't want any immaturity in their group maybe you guys can give me a break since I assume some people with this hobby have an issue with a youngster! LOL I'm currently working on finding a surplus store where maybe I can score some decent gear if I can find a place to do this..... Any help would be great. THANKS

Re: want to get involved......

The only age requirent we have is for those under 18 18 and over just need to get their kit pay the annual 20 dollar a year dues and get voted in by the other members and not have any criminal record with firearms,assault etc. So far no one has not got voted in. Email our commander at zamagi@yahoo.com for details. One of our members Tom Culpepper lives in Georgia and I belive Andre Sercovich does still live there also. Hopefully you can link up with them as they can really help you. Before you go buying a lot of stuff ask some of the members first cause there are suppliers who sell stuff that is excellent then their are others who sell crap. Let us help you not make the same mistakes we made. At the front is a good start and their website is on our links page along with a lot more suppliers. Good luck hope to hear from you soon.
David Brackett

Ditto what Heady said. We also have oppurtunities to get some dealer discounts if the order is large enough. I am not saying that the entire order comes from you - it comes from everyone in the unit. This definitely helps out. As you will find out, this hobby can become an obsession and expensive.

Yeah but it is totally worht it if you get hooked....like me. :)