The Southern Patriot

A place for discussing the Civil War and Southern heritage.

The Southern Patriot
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit

That's what the card said.... BUT: I wonder who REALLY sent it. That seems TOO conveinent....

Morgan

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The Richmond Free Press, a black oriented weekly newspaper showed a picture on its front page of a wreath placed on the Jefferson Davis Monument on June 3rd, Davis' birthday. A highly visible card was included with the wreath from "The Aryan Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan of Brown's Summit, North Carolina". Had I been present, I would have removed it.

---Pitstop,Unreconstructed

Re: Re: "Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit

Maybe it was a "denial reaction" on my part, but I wondered if someone opposed to Confederate commemorations put the wreath up in an attempt to link heritage groups directly to the KKK. I tried to locate the ZIP code of "Boone's Summit, N.C." but to no avail.Maybe the wreath was bogus, we'll probably never know. I've never heard of a KKK wreath on any Confederate monuments before, but a few years ago some Skinheads were prevented from trying to fall in at the rear of a parade of civil war re-enactors in Richmond, VA.

Home state Virginia

Re: "Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit

Looks like P.C. propoganda to me. How come nobody says anything when black panthers and such honor terrorist. If it looks like it, smells like it, and feels like it... that's probably what it is.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The Richmond Free Press, a black oriented weekly newspaper showed a picture on its front page of a wreath placed on the Jefferson Davis Monument on June 3rd, Davis' birthday. A highly visible card was included with the wreath from "The Aryan Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan of Brown's Summit, North Carolina". Had I been present, I would have removed it.

---Pitstop,Unreconstructed