The Southern Patriot

A place for discussing the Civil War and Southern heritage.

The Southern Patriot
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Southern Pride at baseball tournament

A resounding Amen! It's good to see a minority member who can look beyond the liberal propaganda and hate, and see the flag for what it really was!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If everyone remembers, a while back I asked if anybody knew where I could possibly buy one of the old Confederate flag Dixie youth baseball patches. So far I haven't found one for sale.

However this last week and weekend my son was in our state all-star tournament. His team lost in the third round to a team from Oberlin, Louisiana. When Oberlin took the field I was amazed to see that their team was wearing the old Confederate flag logo on their shirt sleeves instead of the modern day P.C. version. After the game I asked their coach where they bought them and he told me they didn't. He said the patches are well over twenty years old and handed down year to year from one team to another as tradition. I asked him what he thought of them and he said he respected that tradition and that the flag represented history to him, not hate. By the way, this coach was a black man. I still can't find anybody who is willing to sell me one of the old patches, but I thought it might be a breath of fresh air for everybody to read a story of southern pride on display that has a happy ending. A big rebel yell goes out from me to the Oberlin coach for his understanding and support of southern heritage. Any Amens?

Home state TN