The Southern Patriot

A place for discussing the Civil War and Southern heritage.

The Southern Patriot
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Kinderkutje Valya
Kinderkutje Valya > http://urlin.us/0fshu 97ffa81d91 fontlab studio Ngentot ibu hamil 3gp Hatsune Miku- Po Pi Po (RYU Remix).mp3-adds exsecror vecordia dirty jack english version 176x208 download Jerr...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 1:14pm
by raygarn
Brotherton Descendant Tours Family's Historic Cabin at Chickamauga
Brotherton Descendant Tours Family's Historic Cabin at Chickamauga April 22, 2002--No tour of the Chickamauga battlefield takes place, it seems safe to say, without a visit to the Brotherton cabin, the structure in the middle of an open field where some of the fie...
Views: 95   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 12:28am
by MIchael Brothert...
Pitstop is gonna love this.......
'Millions' of Blacks to Rally in DC for Reparations (CNSNews.com) - Promising that it will be one of the "most historic gatherings of African people in America," organizers of the Millions for Reparations Rally are demanding monetary compensation from the United...
Views: 408   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 5:30pm
by pray for bob
Wilderness Battlefield Purchase Confirmed: $6 Million for 456 acres.......
Wilderness Battlefield Purchase Confirmed: Government Spends $6 Million for 456 Acres April 18, 2002--It's official: After years of financial and political maneuvering, the 456 acres just west of Fredericksburg, Virginia where was fought the battle known as the Wi...
Views: 105   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2008 4:17pm
by gavras
www.southernfriedmagazine.com
Check out www.southernfriedmagazine.com Southern Fried Magazine, the online zine of Southern music and culture.
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 2:20am
by Col. Tamar Alexi...
SOUTHERN MUSIC FEST THIS SATURDAY!
Jammin' by the Lake June 2, 2007 Laurel's Lake Salemburg, NC Live Music By: LittleSoul Troy Wykle & BlueSteele Chad Yates Anna Morgan LodedDyce There will be a mechanical bull! Kids under the age of 6 are FREE! BIKERS: SPECIAL BIKE RUN!! - $50/BIKE...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2007 7:34pm
by COLONEL TAMAR
Monitor Turret May Be Raised This Week......
Monitor Turret May Be Raised This Week July 24, 2002--The groundbreaking revolving turret of the historic ironclad gunboat USS Monitor may see the ocean surface from above for the first time in almost 140 years before the end of this week. Divers on the mission...
Views: 533   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2002 9:05am
by John W.
North Carolina Loses Out to Romania as Filming on "Cold Mountain" Begins
North Carolina Loses Out to Romania as Filming on "Cold Mountain" Begins July 17, 2002--The movie version of the bestselling novel "Cold Mountain," named after a place in North Carolina, has just begun filming..... in Potigrafu, Romania. Apparently the location...
Views: 544   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2002 11:00am
by John W.
Monitor Turret Recovery Project Progressing....
Monitor Turret Recovery Project Progressing July 12, 2002--It may be the "great-grandmother of all modern warships" but right now the USS Monitor is a dirty, coal and coral covered mess, divers working on the project discovered as they began to prepare to raise th...
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2002 5:30pm
by John W.
Re: State Park Status Not Enough to Protect Grand Gulf Graveyard
I don't know how to get this info to the right people but I have an idea that would at least slow this down. I belong to a local hunting club and anytime the timber companies "clear cut" an area that is likely to cause erosion problems they lay down what looks like a...
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2002 1:45pm
by Jamie Roberts
Gettysburg 139th Dress Rehearsal for the "Big One"
Gettysburg 139th Comes Off with a Bang as Dress Rehearsal for the "Big One" July 11, 2002--Pickett's Charge took place this year with around 4000 soldiers participating on the 139th anniversary of the actual event (allowing for a few day's slippage due to the cale...
Views: 521   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2002 10:06am
by John W.
State Park Status Not Enough to Protect Grand Gulf Graveyard
State Park Status Not Enough to Protect Grand Gulf Graveyard July 9, 2002--The town of Grand Gulf, Mississippi, barely exists any more. Its name lives on in a graveyard, some of the occupants of which were buried there when they fell in the Vicksburg Campaign....
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2002 7:42am
by John W.
Historic Earthworks Being Damaged..........
Historic Earthworks Being Damaged by Vehicles and Dumpers at Dismal Swamp Canal June 25, 2002--It's hard to work up a sense of patriotic fervor and historical enthusiasm for something called Dismal Swamp Canal. Even its current owners, the Army Corps of Engine...
Views: 562   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2002 2:14pm
by John W.
Re: Southern Pride at baseball tournament
A resounding Amen! It's good to see a minority member who can look beyond the liberal propaganda and hate, and see the flag for what it really was! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:If everyone remembers, a while back I asked if anybody knew wher...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2002 11:56am
by John W.
Southern Pride at baseball tournament
If everyone remembers, a while back I asked if anybody knew where I could possibly buy one of the old Confederate flag Dixie youth baseball patches. So far I haven't found one for sale. However this last week and weekend my son was in our state all-star tournament...
Views: 482   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2002 9:26am
by Jamie Roberts
Re: Beware of Nickelodeon!!!
I think Deuteronomy Chapter 32; verse 5, sums up the world today... "They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children, they are a perverse and crooked generation" Didn't mean to preach, but I think it fits! --- --- --- --- --- --- ---...
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2002 10:17pm
by Jamie Roberts
On this day.......June 19th
On this day.......June 19th 1864 - Off Cherbourg, France, the C.S.S. Alabama is sunk by the U.S.S. Kearsarge. 1864 - Siege of Petersburg begins.
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2002 5:50am
by John W.
Progress Advancing on 139th (and 140th) Gettysburg Reenactments
Progress Advancing on 139th (and 140th) Gettysburg Reenactments June 19, 2002--What a difference a year divisible by five makes. Organizers of this year's 139th Anniversary Re-enactment of the Battle of Gettysburg said Tuesday that they had pre-registered 30...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2002 5:44am
by John W.
Uncivil war over Confederate flag...........
Uncivil war over Confederate flag The American Civil war may have ended nearly a century and a half ago, but one of its last battles is still being fought - over a tattered, bullet-riddled and bloodstained Confederate flag captured at the Battle of Gettysburg....
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2002 11:02pm
by John W.
Re: Re: "Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit
Maybe it was a "denial reaction" on my part, but I wondered if someone opposed to Confederate commemorations put the wreath up in an attempt to link heritage groups directly to the KKK. I tried to locate the ZIP code of "Boone's Summit, N.C." but to no avail.Maybe th...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2002 3:44am
by Pitstop,Unrecons...
m
Morgan
Re: "Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit
That's what the card said.... BUT: I wonder who REALLY sent it. That seems TOO conveinent.... Morgan --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:The Richmond Free Press, a black oriented weekly newspaper showed a picture...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2002 9:31pm
by Morgan
"Heritage Not Hate" Takes A Hit
The Richmond Free Press, a black oriented weekly newspaper showed a picture on its front page of a wreath placed on the Jefferson Davis Monument on June 3rd, Davis' birthday. A highly visible card was included with the wreath from "The Aryan Christian Knights of the...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2002 6:39pm
by Pitstop,Unrecons...
s
Steve
Re: Divers bid to bring up hull of Alabama .......
It's regretable the Kearsage didn't go down with her in that last battle!! I hope & pray the dives are successful in bringing C.S.S. Alabama's hull back to life!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Divers bid to bring up hull of Alabama...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 7:17pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Fredericksburg Officials Hope To Start Sunken Road Restoration Next Year ..
This is great news!! I visited Fredericksburg when I was a kid & took pics so I'll have to revisit when it's restored to compare differences. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Fredericksburg Officials Hope To Start Sunken Road Restoration Next Y...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 7:08pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Tell Us Your Opinon
I will get around to checking it out soon Lil Rebel. And you can post with us in here too if you get some spare time!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to: Hey ya'll come check out our site, and tell us what you think about Southern pride on our...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 6:59pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Commander's Pocket Watch Found With His Remains Aboard Hunley ...........
How very interesting!! And I can't imagine the emotions of Maria Jacobsen when she held the watch for the 1st time. And the gold coin too!! I sure hope there's a picture still intact inside the watch. So much history being seen & touched for the 1st time in over a h...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 6:56pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Where's Jamie?
I have no idea where Jamie is...or the others for that matter!! As for me, I've been very busy at work as the tourist season is under way. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Anyone talked to Jamie? He's MIA.
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 6:48pm
by Steve
Commander's Pocket Watch Found With His Remains Aboard Hunley ...........
Commander's Pocket Watch Found With His Remains Aboard Hunley June 10, 2002--A gold pocket watch that could conceivably answer the question of exactly when the Confederate submarine H. L. Hunley sank has been found in a block of sediment holding the remains of th...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 6:06am
by John W.
Gettysburg Cannons and Carriages Getting Long-Overdue Facelifts .......
Gettysburg Cannons and Carriages Getting Long-Overdue Facelifts June 6, 2002--The cannons placed around Gettysburg National Military Park, along with their carriages, are sturdy and durable items. But like any of us would after sitting outdoors for over 100 years...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2002 5:51am
by John W.
Soccer Fields Threaten Chattanooga Area Redoubts Again ......
Soccer Fields Threaten Chattanooga Area Redoubts Again June 7, 2002--Officials in Hamilton County, Tennessee, are in a bind. They must decide whether to do an archaeological study on an area where they'd like to build some new soccer fields--but if they do the st...
Views: 354   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2002 5:50am
by John W.
Divers bid to bring up hull of Alabama .......
Divers bid to bring up hull of Alabama A TEAM of expert divers have launched a major salvage operation in a bid to recover one of Merseyside's most famous vessels. Built in 1862 by Laird Brothers in Birkenhead, the CSS Alabama is the most notorious commerce...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2002 7:35pm
by John W.
Re: Ownership of Ellsworth Uniform, Other Artifacts Disputed in New York Court
I once worked with a guy who had the last name Ellsworth, and claimed to be one of Elmer's descendants. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Ownership of Ellsworth Uniform, Other Artifacts Disputed in New York Court Case June 5, 2002--Who owns th...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2002 6:37am
by John W.
Ownership of Ellsworth Uniform, Other Artifacts Disputed in New York Court
Ownership of Ellsworth Uniform, Other Artifacts Disputed in New York Court Case June 5, 2002--Who owns the uniform of E. Elmer Ellsworth, the first Union officer killed in the Civil War? Is it the property of the State of New York, or does it rightfully belong to...
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2002 6:34am
by John W.
Fredericksburg Officials Hope To Start Sunken Road Restoration Next Year ..
Fredericksburg Officials Hope To Start Sunken Road Restoration Next Year June 4, 2002--Officials of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park met last week with their counterparts representing the city, county and Mary Washington College to work out...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2002 4:59pm
by John W.
s
Steve
Re: Former Civil War Hospital Turned Restaurant Soon to Be Vacant in Georgia ..
Hopefully someone will rent it out for tourists to still visit & take in the history. At least the mayor isn't planning on having it demolished. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Former Civil War Hospital Turned Restaurant Soon to Be Vacant in G...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 9:37pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Russ Pritchard Jr. Sentenced in Confederate Uniform Theft Case...
Great!! Even though I wish this guy was put in jail instead of a halfway house. These thieves & vandals of WBTS items & property must be taught when there caught, there gonna get more than a slap on the wrist!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:...
Views: 1450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 9:30pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Remembering Jefferson Davis
C.S.A. President Jefferson Davis from Christian (now Todd) County, Kentucky was born June 3, 1808. We Honor our President Davis Today!!
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 9:22pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: No Subject
Yesss, this counts pitstop!! Good to know you haven't forgotten about us or Southern heritage!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I have been here everyday. Just havent posted. I know that's like not bothering to vote. Hope to do better. Hey, thi...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 9:18pm
by Steve
George Thomas Sword May Break Record Set by Grant's at Auction ...
George Thomas Sword May Break Record Set by Grant's at Auction June 3, 2002--In 1989 a sword that belonged to Ulysses S. Grant sold for $325,000, setting the record for an American sword. Sellers hope that the sale today of the sword presented to Gen. George Thom...
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 8:34am
by John W.
Relic Hunting Does Not Pay for Looters of Wilderness Battlefield ....
Relic Hunting Does Not Pay for Looters of Wilderness Battlefield May 30, 2002--As if fines and confiscation of expensive equipment wasn't enough, three men who were apprehended last year while hunting for Civil War relics on the Wilderness Battlefield are going t...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2002 7:59pm
by John W.
Russ Pritchard Jr. Sentenced in Confederate Uniform Theft Case...
Russ Pritchard Jr. Sentenced to Federal Halfway House in Confederate Uniform Theft Case May 27, 2002--The defense attorney asked for probation. The prosecutor asked for prison time. U.S. District Judge Petrese B. Tucker in effect split the difference and sentenced...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2002 3:54pm
by John W.
Former Civil War Hospital Turned Restaurant Soon to Be Vacant in Georgia ..
Former Civil War Hospital Turned Restaurant Soon to Be Vacant in Georgia May 24, 2002--A Greek Revival style house in Marietta, Georgia, has had 22 owners as a residence, two as a restaurant, and an uncertain time during the Civil War when it served as a hospital...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2002 3:50pm
by John W.
No Subject
I have been here everyday. Just havent posted. I know that's like not bothering to vote. Hope to do better. Hey, this post counts, doesnt it ? ---Pitstop, Unreconstructed
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2002 2:25pm
by Pitstop,Unrecons...
s
Steven
Birthday for May 24
Brig. Gen. Charles Clark from Warren County, Ohio was born May 24, 1811. We Remember & Honor General Clark Today!!
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2002 6:37pm
by Steven
s
Steve
Snow-toting Rebels raid camp
Sunday, May 19, 2002 By George Barnes Telegram & Gazette Staff TEMPLETON-- There were no guns blazing, no cannons, no shouts to charge, but there was a battle in the Civil War re-enactment at Henshaw Farm yesterday.      It was a snowball fight -- a huge...
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2002 6:33pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Where's Jamie, Walter, Pitstop29, & Morgan??
I know the busy Holiday w/end is here, but these guys haven't been around for awhile...Morgan being the exception. Health problems, internet problems or Southern heritage/War of Northern Aggression burn-out??
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2002 8:32pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Fire Destroys Confederate Prisoner Graffiti....
It's a real tragedy that fire had to happen!! We have a hard enough time maintaining our heritage from pc'ers & the naacp let alone fires too!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Covington, Kentucky Odd Fellows Hall Fire Destroys Confederate Pri...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2002 8:18pm
by Steve
s
Steve
Re: Gettysburg Statues Damaged .....
Wow!! They wanna restore two a year & have over 1000?? That's too bad!! Maybe by that time the South will have risen again!! lol Seriously, it's a shame!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Gettysburg Statues Damaged Tue May 21, 3:30 PM ET...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2002 8:11pm
by Steve
Fire Destroys Confederate Prisoner Graffiti....
Covington, Kentucky Odd Fellows Hall Fire Destroys Confederate Prisoner Graffiti May 23, 2002--The International Order of Odd Fellows hall in Covington, Kentucky, succumbed to fire earlier this week, destroying rooms that once held Confederate prisoners, a celebra...
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2002 12:42pm
by John W.
Gettysburg Statues Damaged .....
Gettysburg Statues Damaged Tue May 21, 3:30 PM ET GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Some of the 1,300 statues in Gettysburg National Military Park were damaged by a failed 1980s restoration attempt, park officials said. The bronze and granite statues were placed...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2002 1:06pm
by John W.
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet