Return to Website

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Jever Steam Laundry Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Sam
Michael (Mike / Mick) Dunford - 98 Sqn - 1954
I am sad to report on the passing of my grandfather Michael John Osmond Dunford (known to many as either Mike or Mick). Mike served as a pilot in 98 Sqn in 1954. The stories I've heard from him and others about his raucous exploits during his time in Germany as...
Views: 35   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2023 3:31pm
by The Son of Fred ...
93 Squadron - WW2 Lago, Italy
Hi My father Arnold McCulloch (b1906- d1990) was a photographer with the squadron on North Africa, Italy and Austria. He was also a painter in water colours. He painted scenes at various locations along the way. One of these is a painting 'Sptitfires on Dispersal,...
Views: 15   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2023 4:19pm
by Paul McCulloch
F.O. Brian Rogers
I wonder if anybody out there, would have known my father Brian Rogers who died in a flying accident in a Hunter in October 55. If anyone has any stories about him it would be great to hear them, He did his flying training in Canada, and served on 118 Sqn at Fassb...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2019 8:21pm
by David Rogers
Squadron lapel badges and crests
Looking for squadron lapel badges and or crests for 98 and 118 squadron My brother was at Jever from 55 to 57 as a MT Driver had these badges but over time has either mislaid or put to safe can anybody help please
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2018 6:42pm
by Terry stallard
118 Squadron
Hi, I don't know if you can help me, although I appreciate my request is a bit off topic. My Dad was based at Fassberg in the early 50's and flew Vampires early in his career. We had an RAF shield on our study wall where the badge was a ship in full sail engulfe...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2015 1:09am
by Sally Stracey
WWII No.4 Pilots Donald Draper and Melyvn Evans
I am writing a book about a WWII pilot who trained with Donald Evans and Melvyn Draper. I would like to contact any relatives from would like to have copies of letters written by them to David. I would like to include these in the book. Cheers SA
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2014 1:44pm
by S A Heygate
Phil Holden -Rushworth
I have put the sad news of PHRs passing on the II Jags 76-79 site @ https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/2acjags/ The guys there will remember Phil and morn the passing of a true gentleman.
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 11:07pm
by Geoff Millward
Completing "un-known's" on photo's
Card Game- Signal Section L To R Ginger Pavelin,Roger Perkins,Cpl.Sinfield,Graham Castleman (Hank), Stan Vane Shopping in Oldenburg, Rip Kirby, Bernard Rhodes Shopping in Jever, Un-known, Roger Perkins, Ginger Pavelin Kind Regards, Bernard (Bunny) Rhodes
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2012 11:43am
by Vic Rhodes
Lost Contact
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Alison Fraser, PMRAFNS sister on the Maternity Unit 1960/61, and later at RAF Hospital Halton? Old friend would be very grateful for any info. Many thanks
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2010 10:11pm
by Jeremy Saye
Ernest Pavelin
I am very sorry to announce the death of my beloved father Ernest Pavelin who served at Jever during 1952-54. I would be happy to hear from anyone with memories of serving with him.
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 9:23pm
by Mike Pavelin
No. 4 squadron No. 8 I.T.W. 'D' flight June 1942
Hello, My father Thomas Francis Firmstone was in this group. He died in 1982. I am interested in documenting anything I can find. Jason Firmstone Sydney Australia
Views: 598   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2009 8:53am
by Jason Thomas Fir...
Flt lt K.C. Murray DFC
Hi I'm the son of Flt Lt K.C.Murray DFC (deceased). He served at RAF Jever in the late 50's or early 60's. He was a Lancaster pilot in WW II, then flew Swift FR5 etc. He also servrd at RAF Geilenkirchen and RAF Goch. Wife Joan. Anybody remember him? thanks.....
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2008 11:12am
by Stephen Murray
Geoff Couch
Dear all, My dear father, Geoff Couch, died on 1st August 2006. His love in life was always flying, however he worked in the City for 40 years. Going thru' his papers I have discovered so much about my father particularly his love of flying. He tinkered about o...
Views: 591   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 9, 2008 2:39pm
by John Macknish
Can you Help
Dear Sir, I am trying to get in touch with members of my Masonic Lodge the STAR OF SAXONY LODGE No 853. which was consecrated at Hanger No 1 at RAF Jever on the 22nd March 1958,as we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary on Saturday the 22nd March 2008. I not...
Views: 634   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 11:51am
by T.W.H. Culpeck
Hawker Hunter Book on CD
HAWKER HUNTER SERIALS 1951 to 2006 This is an essential resource for any serious Hawker Hunter Enthusiast or Restorer, Aviation Historian or Modeler. This CD-ROM contains a searchable list of serials of all Hawker Hunters built with their known histories and...
Views: 577   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2006 7:34pm
by David Griffin
Announcement of the death of Peter Baines 118 Squadron
It is with the deepest regret I announce the death of my husband Peter on 31st March. Funneral Friday 8th April in South Northamptonshire. Anyone wishing to come would be most welcome. Email me for further details. Jo.
Views: 617   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2005 9:19pm
by Jo Baines
Existence of No 112 Squadron at RAF Jever
In the March 1952 copy of the 93 Squadron F540 Monthly Operations Report on the 5th day there is the following statement: "We now form part of a 3 Squadron Wing at Jever, in company of No 4 Squadron late of Wunstorf and a 112 Squadron from Fassberg." Naively I...
Views: 684   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2004 9:07pm
by Mick Ryan
Jever Steam Laundry Contributions
This is a launch message from Mick the Web Master. Do join in and let me have your comments, suggestions and contributions - photographic or just stories.
Views: 918   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2004 6:57pm
by Mick Ryan
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum!
Welcome to your new Bravenet Message Forum! Please feel free to explore the wide range of Message Forum customization options available to you in the Members Area. Login to your account with your username and password and set up your message...
Views: 559   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2004 6:01pm
by Bravenet Support
Free Forum powered by Bravenet