BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
webcams

Hi,

Are there any Webcams of Aden. When I put in Little Aden, get some weird stuff!!!!!!

Email: cathyloch@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: webcams

Hi Cathy, A pity you didn't ask the question a week ago. I have just got back from Aden, I could have asked ! A webcam on the top of Observation Hill would be a good place to start .

Email: roffensian@comcast.net

Hi Jonathan,

I've had a look at uTube as someone else mentioned.

Didn't realise Maalla was such a long street.I remember being taken there to "Wongs" for a heavy jacket. Does anyone else remember that shop?

Catherine

Email: cathyloch@blueyonder.co.ukHi

Hi Cathy,
I have seen some good video of Aden on UTube. I keep thinking of posting some of mine from the recent trips I've made if I can sort out how to upload the stuff. I don't remember 'Wongs" I presume the heavy jacket was for a trip back to the UK. I can recall sitting around a single bar electric fire at the house in Ghadir as the air conditioning was for ever set at 70F. I do not recognise any stores on Maalla straight from my times there as a child / teenager. The Chinese restaurant at the Crater Pass end of Maalla straight is still in operation that must be over 60 plus years of continued patronage!!

Email: roffensian@comcast.net

Re: Wongs

We remember Wongs shop very well and have various items still in the family. We were in touch with the Wongs who had a shop and lived in Dubai definitely until a couple of years ago. They have family in UK, Hong Kong and France.

Email: mbomford@aol.com

Hi Marion,

I think on my very last trip, the whole family of us got kitted out at Wongs. I had my jacket for years, and thought I was very trendy, as they had coloured toggles on them !!!!For those who didn't visit, they were heavy winter jackets.

Glad that the family have diversified.

Cathy

Email: cathyloch@blueyonder.co.ukHi