BP Aden Kids

Welcome to the BP Kids Message Board. If your looking for somebody or you want to write about life in Aden please feel free to use this board. 

All posts in English please !

BP Aden Kids
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Uploading videos

Jonathan's message re videos on catherine's message reminds me - how do I upload videos to this site or some other site where BPAden Kids can see them? I have my father's complete 8mm records of life in Aden (and Abadan) transferred to DVD by my brother-in-law. Some magic shots that I would like to share.
Stephen - does your expertise cover this area? (Turtle that is!)
Cheers, John

Email: shute.john@gmail.com

Re: Uploading videos

John,

The real issue is the size of the resulting files.
Flash seems to be the format of choice for internet movies (e.g. youtube) as it seems to reduce them quite significantly. I have had some success with converting video files to FLV and have the tools to do it (Adobe CS3).

Transferring them to their final resting place then becomes an issue because they are usually too big for email so direct FTP is the only real course. I have a web server where they could rest in short or long term depending on whether Jonathan wanted to host them here. If I package them for download, he could then just grab them off my web site.

Of course, first I have to get the files here.

Steve

Email: steve@terrapania.com

Hi Gents ,
I have been testing video files to upload to the site. It is something I am very interested in doing. I am very slowly editing a number of videos taken on my last 3 trips to get them into a sequence people may be interested in viewing. Due to the size of the files I will probably upload them in a flash format. Hopefully everyone will have a viewer! If you have some clips (any format) you want included on the site please send them in to either n606jp@comcast.net or Roffensian@comcast.net. I will be happy to upload them. Now back to watching the snow falling in Chicago. Regards

Jonathan W

Email: roffensian@comcast.net

Hi John, I have uploaded approx 8 videos to the site. The editing leaves a lot to be desired but I am working on that. If you want to trust me with your videos I will be happy to upload them. I am restricted to 8m uploads per file so the clips will be 5 minutes or less long and in a 320X180 pixel format. Please let me know,
Regards

Jonathan W

Hi Jonathan

I saw your message about wanting videos from the 60's, 70's and 80's - how about the 50's??!
Stephen Turtle over in QLD has been working on a disc I sent him and has managed to reformat it so that contents can be uploaded to a site. Hopefully you will be seeing something in the not too distant future! Then I have to go through my other discs and find the relevant Aden ones. I wonder if anyone would be interested in seeing sights of Abadan? My father took several minutes of sailing shots and people at the Abadan Club swimming pool.
Cheers, John

Email: shute.john@gmail.com

Hi John, I would appreciate receiving all videos. I am very interested in the Abadan videos etc as my Father was out there but no pictures of that time exist. My e-mail account will accept file attachments as large as 10M so if you want to e-mail clips I will be happy to upload them.
Best wishes

Jonathan W

Email: n606jp@comcast.net